Neuro-Ability Rehabilitation Services is offering yoga-based group exercise classes for individuals with neurological conditions. Classes are led by a physiotherapist and are designed to help participants meet their physiotherapy goals.
Tuesday evenings, March 19 – April 30, 2013
What makes these classes special?
These small group classes are designed specifically for individuals with neurological conditions and are led by a physiotherapist with Hatha yoga teacher training. These classes are designed to cover the basics of breathing, stretching, and strengthening with a focus on yoga principles.
Who are these classes designed for?
These classes are adapted for individuals with neurological injuries. The minimum physical requirement is that the individual is able to do an independent transfer onto either a plinth or the floor and can roll onto their stomach with minimal assistance. Participants are able to follow verbal cues and instructions. Participants can use a treatment bed (plinth) if they are not able to get on and off the floor.
What is involved?
This session includes 2 parts:
1. One individual assessment (1 hour total)
- This is mandatory for participants who are new to Neuro-Ability group classes, with the goal of ensuring the class is best suited to each participant’s needs.
- These 1-hour individual assessments will be booked on ONE the following days between 5-7pm: Tuesday March 5th, Thursday March 7th, Tuesday March 12th, or Thursday March 14th, 2013.
- This must be completed prior to starting the sessions if you are new to Neuro-Ability classes.
2. Seven group classes (1 hour and 15 minutes each)
How much does it cost?
- Individual one-hour assessment = $100
- 7 group classes = $245 ($35/class)
These classes are taught by a physiotherapist and may be covered by some extended medical plans. It is up to the participant to confirm what their provider will cover.
How do I sign up?
Please contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Learn more at www.neuro-ability.ca