Brain Injury Educational Resources
Understanding and coping with a traumatic brain injury can be incredibly difficult. But the right support and education can significantly ease the journey to recovery.
Below are links to brain injury educational resources and brain injury support groups to help you and your loved ones better understand the brain injury rehabilitation and recovery process.
- An excellent resource on brain injury prevention, treatment and lifelong management.
- For People with Traumatic Brain Injury
- For Family and Friends
Headway – the brain injury association
- The UK charity provides comprehensive information and resources for brain injury survivors as well as their family members.
- Information about the brain and brain injuries as well as links to community support groups and activities.
- BrainTrust Canada is a non-profit association that provides individual community support and rehabilitation to persons with brain injury in the Okanagan.
- Family Guide to Critical Phase of Brain Injury (PDF)
- Family Guide to the Rehabilitation Phase of Brain Injury (PDF)
Head Injuries in Canada: A Decade of Change (1994-1995 to 2003-2004) (PDF)
- Canadian Institute for Health Information – August 2006
Family Caregiver Alliance (National Centre on Caregiving)
- Located in San Francisco, USA, FCA is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the needs of families and friends providing long-term care at home.
Facts about TBI & Concussion – Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
Looking for brain injury support groups in your community? Click here